It’s no secret our education system is failing, but don’t lose hope! We can be the change…
In this episode, we welcome Dr. Mona Kiani, the Founder of Educate With Purpose, to the show to chat with us about how she is working to be the change in rebuilding a broken education system. We also chat about how to teach self-love, the importance of questioning the system and even our purpose, tips for teachers/educators who have students with struggling home-lifes, and so much more!
Tune in for more and see below for a full list of topics covered in this episode!
- Describing Mona’s mission to revolutionize education
- The need for change in education for those who are underprivileged
- Her experience teaching in a gang-heavy area of LA and the struggles that came with it + the lessons through it
- How she balanced and dealt with kids who were struggling in their home or personal lives, while still being a good teacher
- The importance of questioning the education system
- Making mistakes as a teacher and how to learn from them
- How can we teach more self-love?
- The ways Mona is cultivating self-love through her teaching
- The 3 things we all need for a better life
- How she is teaching students to serve others through entrepreneurship
- Why we should be questioning our purpose and knowing our “why” behind what we do
- The toughest barriers she has had to overcome in communicating her vision
- Explaining WHY our education system is failing and why people struggle to change
- How to cultivate a society of people who are passionate about helping educate young people + why it is important
- Questioning “Why do I have to teach this?” as a teacher
- The toxic cycle in our education system and what we can do about it
- How to connect with and/or support Mona
- What does “thriving” mean to her?
- Final thoughts + Biggest Takeaway