Whoever said you could only have one career hasn’t met Allison!
She is not only a stand-up comedian but also works in marketing and content creation as well. In this episode, we chat about her story of getting started with stand-up, balancing both careers, managing negative feedback, and so much more. Tune in to hear more from Allison and see below for a full list of topics covered.
Key Topics & Timestamps
- 0:00 Intro
- 0:30 How Allison trolled CJ the first time they met.
- 5:36 How did Allison get involved in digital marketing and content production?
- 11:05 What are tips for the average person to start creating content and building a social media following?
- 14:03 What type of businesses did Allison start off producing content for?
- 16:57 How did Allison become a comedian?
- 17:50 How to find comedy / get involved with comedy in your town.
- 18:45 If someone wants to try being a comedian, what steps should they take?
- 21:38 Allison does Shitfaced Shakespeare.
- 27:10 How Allison took unpaid internships to gain experience and get to the next level.
- 29:43 What Allison did to gain a digital marketing job at Paleo FX.
- 36:00 How does Allison handle being overwhelmed?
- 43:28 How does understanding marketing help her on the comedic stage? And how does the comedic stage help her with digital marketing?
- 47:35 What does it feel like to be heckled while on stage?
- 52:30 What are the next steps in Allison’s life and career?
- 57:12 What does THRIVING mean to Allison?